Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Alpha Study Club
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Alpha Study Club was organized in 1905 and federated in 1914. The group was originally created only for women of Tacoma's south side, and admitted no more than 20 members at any time. The focus of the group was primarily on the cultivation of its members, although there were minor philanthropic efforts following WWII. The last published record of an active meeting was on May 4, 1980. Club colors were pink and green, the club flower was the carnation and their motto was "in great things unity, in small things liberty, in all things charity."
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Access points area
Subject access points
Place access points
Authority record identifier
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Written by Andrew Weymouth, 2022
Tacoma Daily News (Published as THE TACOMA DAILY NEWS) - May 2, 1906 - Page 5. p. 1.
Tacoma Daily News (Published as THE TACOMA DAILY N.Pdf.
Tribune (Published as THE TACOMA NEWS TRIBUNE) - March 27, 1953 - Page 28. p. 1.
Tribune (Published as The Tacoma News Tribune) - May 4, 1980 - Page 53. p. 1.
Tribune (Published as THE TACOMA NEWS TRIBUNE) - May 17, 1950 - Page 14. p. 1.
Tribune (Published as THE TACOMA NEWS TRIBUNE) - September 18, 1931 - Page 14. p. 1.
Tribune (Published as THE TACOMA NEWS TRIBUNE and SUNDAY LEDGER) - October 3, 1965 - Page 52. p. 1.