C27-1

Open original Digital object

Identity elements

Reference code

Name and location of repository

Level of description

Item

Title

C27-1

Date(s)

  • 1873 (Creation)

Extent

Name of creator

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

ca. 1873. St. Peter's Episcopal Church, Old Tacoma. Small Carpenter Gothic church, built 1873, with a tall cedar stump covered with ivy for a bell tower. Copy of early photograph for Mr. Short of the Tacoma Times. Two weeks after the Right Reverend B.W. Morris, Episcopal Bishop of Washington and Oregon, rode into Tacoma in the bed of a wagon used for hauling earth on the North Pacific grade, St. Peters Church was built. It was the first church in Tacoma. This photograph was reproduced by Turner Richards from a faded photo made by Joseph Buchtel of Portland after the bell tower on the top of the 40 foot fir stump was completed. The photograph was loaned to the Times by Mrs. Alice Rector Watson. (T.Times 9/27/1935, pg. 16)


Episcopal churches--Tacoma; St. Peter's Episcopal Church (Tacoma);

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information

Accruals

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Digital object metadata

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places