Print preview Close

Showing 14 results

901 S 4TH ST, TACOMA Image
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

14 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects


ca. 1931. Talmud Torah Synagogue, 901 So. 4th, Tacoma. Architects Hill & Mock designed this "Romanesque Italian Renaissance" structure, which was constructed in 1925. It was renamed Sinai Temple in 1947. In 1960, Talmud Torah merged with the reformists at Temple Beth Israel. Rabbi Richard Rosenthal was elected to lead the combined congregations. They built a new synagogue, Temple Beth El, at 5975 So. 12th St. Talmud Torah was sold in 1968 to the Tacoma Blood Bank. It was later demolished and its site used as a parking lot for Tacoma General Hospital. Bowen # CHU-025