Showing 6067 results

Collections
With digital objects
Print preview View:

Rand McNally New Commercial Atlas Map of Washington, 1912

Chicago : Rand McNally.
1 map : col. ; 48 x 66 cm. State capitals and County seats identified by symbols. A key to Railroads is located in the lower left. Shows Railroads and Steamship lines. Includes index of cities with a population of 1,000 or more. At top: "Library atlas of the world." Relief shown by hachures and spot highlights. Scale 1 in. = 15 miles [ca. 1:950,400].

Immigration and Emigration - 1

Back of Photo:
Theatrical Group, Order of Vasa, ca. 1912, Tacoma
Photograph courtesy of the Vasa Lodge Norden, Tacoma

From In the Footsteps of Nicholas Delin: the Swedish Presence in Pierce County, a photography exhibition tracing the world of Swedish and Swedish-Finnish immigrants in Pierce County from 1887 - 1930, opening Thursday, December 14, 1995 at the Tacoma Public Library's Handforth Gallery (Main Library, 1102 Tacoma Avenue South in downtown Tacoma).

Woman's Clubhouse (Tacoma Woman's Clubhouse) (426 Broadway) - 3

Back of Photo:
Photo Rcv'd 05/12/1968, 05/28/1968 - Article date
Mystery Photo' Identification Yet Incomplete
From left to right: Top row: 1-Mrs. Milford Jacobs; 4-Mrs. May Achinson. Third row: 1-Mrs. Minnie Wright; 2-Mrs. Henry F. Wegener; 3-Mrs. C. C. Mellinger; 4-Mrs. Fanny Ball; 5-Gladys Harding (now Mrs. Charles B. Roe); 6-Evelyn Chantler or Mrs. John B, Stevens (?). Second row: 2-Mrs. O. R. McKinney; 3-Mrs. J. W. Brokaw; 4-Mrs. Oluf Olson or Mrs. James McCormack (?). Front row: 2-Miss Lucy Lamson; 4-Mrs. E. L. Hiberly; 5-Mrs. Overton G. Ellis; 6-Mrs. H. E. York.

Woman's Clubhouse (Tacoma Woman's Clubhouse) (426 Broadway) - 4

Back of Photo:
Photo Rcv'd 05/26/1968 - Article date, 11/28/1976 - Article date
This Picture is 'Twin" to 'Mystery Photo'
The files at the News Tribune contained this picture identified only as the Woman's Club House, until the publication two weeks ago of a 'mystery photo' with a plea for identification. Now the date and subject of the photo are somewhat established.
The Woman's Club House stood at 426 Broadway until 1961. It had been a gathering place for Tacomans, containing large halls, sitting rooms and dining areas for teas and luncheons and had belonged to the Tacoma Woman's Club House Association since 1915.

Results 41 to 60 of 6067