Name and location of repository
Level of description
Woman's Clubhouse (Tacoma Woman's Clubhouse) (426 Broadway) - 4
- C. 1915 (Creation)
Name of creator
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
Back of Photo:
Photo Rcv'd 05/26/1968 - Article date, 11/28/1976 - Article date
This Picture is 'Twin" to 'Mystery Photo'
The files at the News Tribune contained this picture identified only as the Woman's Club House, until the publication two weeks ago of a 'mystery photo' with a plea for identification. Now the date and subject of the photo are somewhat established.
The Woman's Club House stood at 426 Broadway until 1961. It had been a gathering place for Tacomans, containing large halls, sitting rooms and dining areas for teas and luncheons and had belonged to the Tacoma Woman's Club House Association since 1915.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use elements
Conditions governing access
Copyright of this image is held by the Tacoma News Tribune. This material may be used for the following purposes: public/community art, non-profit museum exhibition, and educational purposes. The following credit line is required:
Tacoma News Tribune, Image TNTxxxxx, Tacoma Public Library Northwest Room.
Permission for commercial uses must be secured through PARS International (https://www.parsintl.com/publisher/mcclatchy/).