Name and location of repository
Level of description
- 1954-11-18 (Creation)
Name of creator
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
Aluminum panels nearly cover the entire roof of a new steel hangar at McChord Field on November 18, 1954. Two workers are in the process of marking and drilling nails into the panels. Aluminum and other steel products were seen as an alternative to wood design. Hangars were used to house and repair jet aircraft; McChord was finding it necessary to construct more of them because of the growing number of military aircraft stationed there. Photograph ordered by Bethlehem Pacific Coast Steel Corporation.
Bethlehem Pacific Coast Steel Corp. (Seattle); Building construction; Progress photographs; Steel; Hangars;