Print preview Close

Showing 3120 results

Collections
Image
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

3120 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Annie Wright Seminary, Tacoma, W.T.

This is the original Annie Wright Seminary designed by architects Boone & Meeker as it appeared circa 1886. The private school for girls opened two years before in September of 1884, thanks to its benefactor, Charles B. Wright. The building's foundation came from Wilkeson stone and brick. Its sharp gables and turrets added to the impressive ediface. A gymnasium was added in 1899 and was the sole remaining building left when the school was razed in 1924. Due to growing enrollment, a new campus arose at 827 Tacoma Ave. N. the same year.

Results 1 to 20 of 3120