Part of Richards Studio Photographs
In 1948 Fife's Schools, District # 88, occupied a large campus of buildings on 20th Street East just east of 55th Avenue East. The four major buildings in the complex had been built over a period of 22 years. From left to right are: Fife High School, built in 1930; the Fife Civic Auditorium built in 1924, which served as both a public gathering place and the school gymnasium; the old Fife school, which was built in 1914 and by 1948 was being used for vocational training; and (at the far right) the new Fife Elementary School, which was built in 1936. In 1949 the Fife School District built a new high school, dedicated in 1950.
Public schools--Fife; Educational facilities--Fife; Auditoriums--Fife; Fife High School (Fife); Fife Elementary School (Fife); Fife School District (Fife);