Lutheran

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Lutheran

Lutheran

Equivalent terms

Lutheran

Associated terms

Lutheran

68 Collections results for Lutheran

68 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

A121861-3

The bas relief at the front of the Trinity Lutheran Church in Parkland, ordered by the Olympian Stone Co. of Seattle. The original church at this site was "The Gray Church" built in 1907 and also named Trinity Lutheran. It was demolished in 1957 and this new church, designed by John Richards of Lea, Pearson and Richards, was dedicated in March of 1959. The relief over the door was designed by Pacific Lutheran College Art Professor George Roskos. The three ton sculpture illustrates the parable of the sower, how both seed and the word of God need fertile soil to take root and grow.


Trinity Lutheran Church (Parkland); Lutheran churches--Parkland; Bas-reliefs;

D146994-11

Interior of Mountain View Lutheran Church, Edgewood. A wooden pulpit is embedded in rock inside the Mountain View Lutheran Church in Edgewood. A simple cross surrounded by stone is at the altar. Rows of wooden pews face the cross and pulpit. The building is A-shaped with wooden dormers. Rev. Paul Braafladt was the congregation's pastor. At the time of this 1965 photograph, the church had a Puyallup address of 3617 - 21st St. N.E. Photograph ordered by Howard Smith Advertising. (Additional information provided by a reader)


Churches--Edgewood--1960-1970; Lutheran churches--Edgewood--1960-1970; Mountain View Lutheran Church (Edgewood); Pews--Edgewood; Crosses; Pulpits--Edgewood;

D146994-8

Exterior view of Mountain View Lutheran Church in Edgewood. Large cross is focus of the ultra-modern A-framed Lutheran church's exterior on December 9, 1965. Rev. Paul Braafladt was the congregation's pastor. At the time of this 1965 photograph, the church's address was located in Puyallup's North Hill at 3617 -21st St. N.E. Photograph ordered by Howard Smith Advertising. (TNT 5-15-66, C-20) (Additional information provided by a reader)


Churches--Edgewood--1960-1970; Lutheran churches--Edgewood--1960-1970; Mountain View Lutheran Church (Edgewood); Crosses;

D146994-13

The wooden pews are empty in the Mountain View Lutheran Church in Edgewood (then Puyallup) on December 9, 1965. Stone accentuates the natural appearance of this Lutheran church with its heavy emphasis on natural woods. This view was captured looking from the pulpit into the remainder of the sanctuary, including the organ loft. The church dedicated its new 17-rank tracker pipe organ on November 28, 1965, during Sunday morning worship. The organ weighed four tons and contained 856 pipes arranged in 17 ranks or sets with 13 speaking stops. It was the largest church pipe organ in the Puyallup-Sumner area. At the time of this 1965 photograph, the church showed an address of 3617 - 21st St. N.E., Puyallup. Photograph ordered by Howard Smith Advertising. (TNT 11-26-65, C-3) (Additional information provided by a reader)


Churches--Edgewood--1960-1970; Lutheran churches--Edgewood--1960-1970; Mountain View Lutheran Church (Edgewood); Pews--Edgewood; Pulpits--Edgewood;

D157824-6

Good Shepherd Lutheran Church. Located mere blocks from Pacific Avenue, Good Shepherd is still an active church some 36 years after this photograph was taken on February 16, 1970. This is the new sanctuary of Good Shepherd's; it would be dedicated on March 8, 1970, with a procession from the old chapel to the new. Constructed out of cedar and trimmed with stone, the large building had a full basement for social activities. The freestanding tower houses Maas-Rowe carillions which were a memorial gift to the church. The buildings and their contents had an estimated worth of $250,000. Photograph ordered by Cheney Lumber Co. (TNT 3-6-70, D-5)


Good Shepherd Lutheran Church (Tacoma); Lutheran churches--Tacoma; Wooden churches--Tacoma;

D157824-1

Parsonage at Good Shepherd. This is believed to be the contemporary two-story parsonage belonging to the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church. The church is located close to Pacific Ave. at 140 E. 56th St. The parsonage is believed to be located at 131 E. 58th St. Rev. Roland Koch is listed in the 1970 City Directory as the church's pastor. Photograph ordered by Cheney Lumber Co.


Good Shepherd Lutheran Church (Tacoma); Religious dwellings--Tacoma;

D157824-4

Lutheran church. The tower and buildings are part of the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 140 E. 56th St., as pictured on February 16, 1970. They are constructed primarily of cedar. This is Good Shepherd's new sanctuary that would be dedicated on Sunday, March 8, 1970. The large church had seating for 450 and a full basement for social activities. Good Shepherd is affiliated with the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. Photograph ordered by Cheney Lumber Co. (TNT 3-6-70, D-5)


Good Shepherd Lutheran Church (Tacoma); Lutheran churches--Tacoma; Wooden churches--Tacoma;

D157824-7

Good Shepherd Lutheran Church. Another view of part of the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 140 E. 56th St., in February of 1970, about three weeks prior to the dedication of the church's new sanctuary. The structures were primarily constructed of cedar with stone trimming on the church. The freestanding tower contained Maas-Rowe carillions which were a memorial gift to the church. The Rev. Harold G. Johnson, who was the first resident pastor from 1951-55, traveled from California to be the guest speaker at the dedication on March 8, 1970. Good Shepherd's first chapel unit (not shown) was dedicated in 1954. Photograph ordered by Cheney Lumber Co. (TNT 3-6-70, D-5)


Good Shepherd Lutheran Church (Tacoma); Lutheran churches--Tacoma; Wooden churches--Tacoma;

Results 61 to 68 of 68